Whitewater Aptitude is an idea in development to highlight Gavin Hart's skills, adventures and accomplishments with an insight into the thoughts and feeling he has throughout his journeys. As well as this blog please visit his Photography Portfolio Website showcasing his best photography. For shorter more regular updates on Whitewater Aptitude adventures Like it on Facebook or Follow on Twitter. Get in contact via email using gavin@whitewateraptitude.co.uk

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Greta

This week has sped by. Last Wednesday I managed again to get out paddling on the River Greta with Tom and Mike. This time however it had rained heavily the night before putting the level of the river well above the normal height that we had paddled it at before. This height was great and a good test of my ability and this time when paddling down rather then avoiding the rocks we had to avoid the large holes that had appeared. The level also created a number of reasonable surf waves in some good locations for practicing. I managed to get on and stay on a few of these waves for a solid amount of time which I'm happy about. Half way down, unfortunately, Mike took a swim and after we had got Mike out the water Tom and I went charging after his boat and blades which we managed to recover. For me a superb day having started off a little nervous about getting on the river at the level it was at to finding that I was more then capable at the level it was at.

More Paddling again at the weekend. I attended the Tyne Tour in Hexham. This event was a great social and although I didn't consider the paddling to be that great it was nice to meet new people and catch up with some people I hadn't seen for a while. I particularly enjoyed the Ceilidh, a Scottish dance, twinned with drinking kept us warm throughout Saturday night.

No comments: